Birmingham Newman University is looking for an External Examiner for our BSc (Hons) Health and Social Care course:
The appointment will commence from September 2024 for a tenure period of four years. All External Examiner appointments are subject to approval by the University Learning, Teaching and Academic Quality Committee; therefore you must not have had any formal links with Birmingham Newman University within the last five years.
Role Requirements: (further details of the duties will be provided prior to formal application or on request)
- Comment on the content of the subject area particularly with regard to subject benchmarks.
- Examine assessment briefs, exam papers and student work to ensure academic standards and achievements of students are comparable with those in other UK higher education establishments of which the external examiner has experience.
- Provide informative comment and recommendations on whether the assessment process measures student achievement rigorously and fairly against the intended outcomes of the programme/s and is conducted in line with the relevant policies and regulations.
- Attend at least one examination board/s per year and submit an annual report.
- Engage in communication with the academic and course team.
If you are interested in the external examiner opportunity please send your CV to Dr Samantha Birch, Course Director BSc (Hons) Health & Social Care at email@example.com by the 10th January 2024