The University of Derby is seeking an External Examiner to oversee the integrated EPA in the newly validated BSc (Hons) Diagnostic Radiography apprenticeship (progression) programme commencing January 2024 , the period of tenure is for four years. This is an online progression programme aimed at assistant practitioners who are wishing to advance to graduate practitioner.
The first integrated EPA assessment will be due for review in late April 2025.
In their role as an independent External Assessor of the End-Point Assessment, the successful candidates will play an important role in helping us to maintain the rigour and quality of our apprenticeships and ensuring that they continue to operate in accordance with internal and external policies and procedures. Therefore, the successful candidates will be required to:
- Review documentation related to the integrated EPA;
- Meet with staff, apprentices and employers relevant to each cohort completing an EPA cycle; this will be online as this is an online programme.
- Complete an enhanced External Examiner’s report to cover the quality assurance areas of the EPA.
Suitable candidates will:
- Be a higher education academic with experience in course design and delivery at a minimum of Diagnostic radiography/imaging programmes be of senior lecturer position or higher at a UK University or College; SFHEA is preferred.
- Have a good understanding of quality assurance requirements in HE.
- Have subject specific knowledge relating to the programme, and of apprenticeships and requirements of an integrated EPA
- Have HCPC registration
- Be resident and have the right to work in the UK.
It is desirable that candidates have previous External Examiner experience, however a mentor will be provided to those candidates who are first time External Examiners. Our agreed fee for EPA External Examiners is paid per academic year upon submission of an annual report, in addition to any fees incurred whilst on UoD business, and this is currently £250.
Please send expressions of interest and an accompanying CV to demonstrate your suitability for the role, highlighting your current teaching responsibilities and previous external examiner positions to email@example.com by the closing date of 10th October 2023.
Please note that all appointments are subject to verification of eligibility to work in the UK, as per UK Visas and Immigration (https://www.gov.uk/check-job-applicant-right-to-work) requirements. If possible, please provide scanned copies of evidence of your right to work in the UK.