The Faculty of Medicine Health and Social Care at Canterbury Christ Church University is seeking to appoint an External Examiner for the following credit bearing course:
- BSc. Diagnostic Radiography
The role of External Examiner is to assure the quality of awards with respect to national standards. Key duties include:
- discussions with the academic and administrative teams
- consideration of proposed programme modification(s)
- review of assessment tasks and examination papers
- review of samples of student work, including practice assessment documents/portfolios
- the endorsement of marks to ensure agreed, fully moderated and externally examined sets of results
- attendance at appropriate boards of examiners
- Submitting an annual report to the University Quality Boards.
The appointment will be for four academic years commencing September 2021 and applications are invited from Senior Lecturers, or above, .who hold a radiography qualification and a current registration with a regulatory body (i.e. HCPC). Experienced and new external examiners will be considered, provided the applicant has the relevant professional qualification(s) and experience.
An ideal candidate will have experience in teaching and examining at a UK HE institution, have a good understanding of quality assurance, and have a broad subject knowledge in Diagnostic Radiography. All appointments are subject to the candidate meeting the University’s criteria for appointment. External Examiners should attend a minimum of one Module Assessment Boards per year in person and will be invited to meet with students and lecturers.
Fees and Expenses are payable in line with the University policy. Admission to the University’s External Examiners Register is on the basis of satisfactory completion of the University’s Committee and Personnel approval processes, including Right to Work and Reciprocity Checks.
Prospective External Examiners are encouraged to send an expression of interest and CV to Rebecca Sandys, Diagnostic Radiography Programme Director, Rebecca.firstname.lastname@example.org citing the programme title and/or vacancy reference. Your data will be held and not processed for any purpose other than that for which it has been obtained, in accordance with current Data Protection Legislation until this recruitment process has concluded.