At the University of Northampton, we are looking for a dedicated individual to undertake the role of External Examiner for our BSc (Hons) Adult Nursing programme.
The role & responsibilities include:
- Confirming the comparability of standards of student performance with those of similar modules at other UK Institutions of Higher Education.
- Confirming that the assessment process in its entirety is sound and has been fairly conducted with full regard to justice to students.
- Providing an annual report to the University
- Attending assessment boards.
- Reviewing a range of modules within the Adult specific programme and within the wider nursing Programme.
You should have appropriate expertise and experience to be able to undertake a role in the quality assurance of academic standards in Higher Education (ideally a Programme Leader or Senior Lecturer on similar programmes) and should hold NMC registration in adult nursing. All External Examiners for programmes leading to registration or recordable qualifications with the Nursing and Midwifery Council will be expected to maintain their registration to the NMC professional register for the duration of their engagement. Previous experience as an External Examiner is strongly preferred.
The appointment will be for the four academic years 2023 to 2027 from 1st October 2023.
Please note that we cannot currently accept applications from staff at the following institutions:
University of Manchester, University of Essex, Birmingham City, Coventry University, Queens University Belfast, University of Winchester, University of Roehampton, University of Worcester, De Montfort University, University of Staffordshire and University of Highlands and Islands.
Closing date: 10th March 2023
If you are interested in applying for this role (or to request further information), please send a recent CV to:firstname.lastname@example.org – Professional Lead Adult Nursing
If you are unsuccessful in your application, we will destroy your application and CV after 1 month of the advert closing. If you are successful, your application and CV will be retained securely for 5 years, one year after the end of the 4-year contract.