The School of Medical and Health Science is seeking the appointment of an external examiner for the Batchelor of Medical Sciences (Hons) 3-year programme with optional foundation year.
More information about the programme can be found here: https://www.bangor.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/b100-medical-sciences-bmedsci-hons
Applications are invited from suitably qualified academic staff; applicants would preferably hold senior lecturer posts. Prior experience of external examining would be advantageous but is not essential. The school operates on-line submission of coursework for the majority of marking and feedback of assignments. Therefore, experience of Turnitin and Blackboard would be desirable, however training can be provided. The post will contribute to the quality and integrity of the programme through external moderation of assessments, including:
- The approval of assessment tasks and examination paper
- Discussions with relevant academic staff regarding programme modifications
- The review of samples of student work on modules within the programme
- The endorsement of marks to confirm that the marks are an agreed, fully moderated and externally examined set of results
- The submission of annual reports
- Attendance at appropriate Boards of Examiners
- Agreement to programme modifications
Further information regarding the role of the External Examiner at Bangor University can be found at https://www.bangor.ac.uk/quality/ext_exam.php.en
The appointment will be with effect from September 2023 and will be for a full 4-year term. Full course details and documentation will be provided to the appointee and an induction day will be offered to be held at the University following appointment. Please submit expressions of interest and a CV to Dr Alyson Moyes firstname.lastname@example.org by not later than the 18 January 2023.