The University of Manchester is seeking to appoint a subject external examiner for two course units on the Bachelor of Nursing (Hons) programme. The programme recruits students across 3 fields of Nursing (Adult; Mental Health; Child).
Applications are therefore invited from individuals who have demonstrable experience of teaching and assessing in the following areas;
- Fundamentals of Anatomy and Physiology for Nursing Practice (Level 4)
- Applied Biosciences for Nursing Practice (Level 5)
External examiners would normally be expected to visit at least one practice learning environment per year in addition to attendance at Examination Boards.
All coursework is electronically submitted by students and is marked online using Grademark and Turnitin. External examiners will be required to use the online moderating process. In addition we will provide a sample of Practice Assessment Documents to view via our online learning environment. User guides and support will be available. The University appointments for external examiners commence in October and are normally for a period of 4 years.
- Working in a UK HEI with no formal educational links with the University of Manchester in the last 5 years.
- Current registration with the NMC including a recordable teaching qualification.
- Master’s Degree in an area related to one of the above subject areas.
- Direct experience of teaching and assessing in the applicable subject areas.
- Research and publications in related area.
Appointments will be made in line with the University of Manchester’s External Examiners Guidance.
Interested candidates should detail their experience in teaching and assessing in the applicable subjects. Expressions of interest by covering email or letter and CV should be sent by 6th July 2021 to Katie.firstname.lastname@example.org