The School of Health & Social Care at the University of Essex is seeking to appoint an external examiner for our BA Social Work. The BA Social Work is a full-time course which has recently gone through Social Work England inspection. As from October 2023 the BA Social Work program is delivered at out Southend and Colchester campuses.
BA Social Work:
- HS190 Sociological and Psychological Frameworks
- HS191 Introduction to Law and Social Policy
- HS192 Interpersonal Skills for Practice HS193
- HS193 Lifespan Development
- HS194 Professional Skills 1
- HS290 Introduction to Research Methodologies
- HS291 Emotional, Relational & MH issues
- HS292 Legislation, Regulation & Ethics for practice
- HS293 Practice Placement 1
- HS294 Professional skills 2
- HS390 Independent Study
- HS391 Critical Reflection & Professional Challenges
- HS392 Research Perspectives
- HS393 Practice Placement 2
- HS394 Practice Interventions
We would like to appoint an External Examiner who can enhance the quality of teaching and learning within the School and who is experienced in delivering social work education and who can work with us to continue to develop and enhance the quality of our teaching and learning within our Division. Whilst applications from experienced External Examiners are preferred, anyone with appropriate educational and professional experience would be considered.
The appointment will be for four years from Oct 2023 and the commitment required is as follows:
- To attend one examination Boards per year.
- To submit the annual External Examiner’s Report and comment on the content of the subject area particularly regarding subject benchmarks.
- To review coursework throughout the year and provide comments to ensure academic standards and achievements of students are comparable with those in other HEIs
- Provide informative comment and recommendations on whether the assessment process measures student achievement rigorously and fairly against the intended outcomes of the course/s and is conducted in line with the relevant policies and regulations
- Engage with the programme team in the continuous development of the programmes
For informal inquires please contact Gert Scheepers firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be accompanied by a C.V. to email@example.com by 25 October2023
Further information is available on our website: https://www.essex.ac.uk/departments/health-and-social-care