The College of Nursing, Midwifery and Healthcare is seeking to appoint an External Examiner for the Foundation Degree in Healthcare Play Specialism.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced lecturers in nursing or healthcare. Registration with a relevant professional body is essential. All appointments are subject to the candidate meeting the University’s criteria for appointment. The post would ideally start in January 2023. Tenure will normally be for a period of four years.
This course is run by three partner Colleges, all of whom have one intake a year. The assessment boards are all held online and are specific to the Collaborative courses in the College.
As an External Examiner you will be expected to:
- Be employed in Higher Education
- Scrutinize samples of examination/essay scripts and other assessed materials, advising module assessment boards on the content and standard of assessments.
- Attend a minimum of 2 assessment boards a year.
- Attend the annual Field Reviews.
- Review new modules in preparation for validation events.
- Advise on academic misconduct and appeal cases.
- Submit an annual report to the University Quality Boards.
If you have not been an external examiner before, a mentor would be appointed for you. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions. If you are interested in the above post please send your expressions of interest, together with a full CV, by the 12th of December, 2022.
0208 209 4118