The University of Suffolk is urgently seeking applicants for the role of External Examiner and External Assessor of the End-Point Assessment (EPA) for the following courses:
- FdA Health and Wellbeing (Nursing Associate)
- FdA Health and Wellbeing (Nursing Associate) [higher apprenticeship]
For information on the course, please visit our website –
Tenure: 4 years starting from January 2024.
The successful candidate will perform both the duties of the External Examiner and External Assessor of the End-Point Assessment for the relevant apprenticeship.
In their role as an independent External Assessor of the End-Point Assessment, the successful candidates will play an important role in helping us to maintain the rigour and quality of our apprenticeships and ensuring that they continue to operate in accordance with internal and external policies and procedures. Therefore, the successful candidates will be required to:
- Meet with staff, apprentices and employers;
- Conduct at least one visit for each cohort of apprenticeships completing an EPA (these may be conducted online);
- Complete an enhanced External Examiner’s report to cover the quality assurance areas of the EPA.
Candidates will also need to be:
- currently employed at an UK HEI;
- experienced in the design, delivery and management of apprenticeships in one of the above subject areas in an UK HEI to at least the level of the course being examined;
- a UK resident;
- not the holder of more than one other EE position as of January 2024.
Please note that to avoid clashes of interest we cannot accept candidates from:
- University of Worcester
- University of Derby
If you are interested in the position, please send a short expression of interest and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20 October 2023.
Please remember to list any EE experience, or current posts – although prior EE experience is welcome, it is not a prerequisite for the post.