The Open University is seeking to appoint an External Examiner for the Advanced Clinical Practice and Non-Medical Prescribing online distance learning programmes:
- F85 | MSc in Advanced Clinical Practice | Open University
- E95 | Postgraduate Diploma in Enhanced Clinical Practice | Open University
- K33 | Postgraduate Certificate in Non-Medical Prescribing | Open University
- Advanced Clinical Practitioner Degree Apprenticeship | Open University
The post holder will be the lead examiner for the following modules:
- K803 – Non-medical prescribing (60 credits)
- K804 – Developing advanced clinical practice (60 credits)
- K805 – Advancing professional practice (non-apprenticeship pathway) (60 credits)
- KXY806 – Advancing professional practice (apprenticeship pathway) (40 credits)
- KXY807 – End point assessment (apprenticeship pathway) (20 credits)
Applicants must have current NMC or HCPC registration, and relevant academic experience in advanced clinical practice and non-medical prescribing. Previous experience as an external examiner is welcomed, but consideration will be given to those seeking their first appointment.
As an External Examiner, you will be responsible for contributing to the quality assurance of the programme. This includes approving assessment tasks, moderating online assessments, providing feedback on proposed modifications, attendance at online examination boards and completing annual reports.
For informal enquiries or to apply, please send a 250 word expression of interest and your CV to:
Dr Rebecca Garcia, Associate Head of School for Nursing and Health Professions