Due to international promotion of the existing postholder The School of Health & Social Care at the University of Lincoln is seeking to appoint 2 External Examiners for an immediate start and would welcome expressions of interests for these positions:
MSc Advanced Clinical Practice & degree apprenticeship
This is a post-graduate taught programme offering both standard and apprenticeship routes through the programme. There are 2 cohorts a year with intakes in September and February. The programme has HEE accreditation with the Centre for Advancing Practice and was recently revalidated.
Further details can be found here https://www.lincoln.ac.uk/course/adclprms/
External Examiners play a central role in the maintenance of the standards of the University’s awards and the currency of the curriculum. They perform this role through:
- the approval of assessment tasks and examination papers
- discussions with relevant academic staff
- the review of samples of student work on modules within the programme
- the endorsement of marks to confirm that the marks are an agreed, fully moderated and externally examined set of results
- the submission of annual reports
- attendance at appropriate boards of examiners (currently virtual)
- agreement to programme modifications & revalidation
Applicants should possess the following:
- Current professional registration and experience of post-qualification educational provision at MSc level/QAA L7
- Relevant experience and expertise to maintain comparable quality standards
- An understanding of the national advanced practice context
- Apprenticeship delivery insight is desirable
Please note the University Regulations mean that the following circumstances would make applicants ineligible for the role
A member of a governing body or committee of the university of Lincoln or one of its collaborative partners, or a current employee of the university or one of its collaborative partners.
Anyone with a close professional, contractual or personal relationship with a member of staff or student involved with the programme of study.
Anyone required to assess colleagues who are recruited as students to programme of study.
Anyone who is, or knows they be, in a position to significantly influence the future of students on the programme of study.
Anyone significantly involved in recent or current substantive collaborative research activities with a member of staff closely involved in the delivery, management or assessment of the programme (s) or modules in question.
Former staff or students of the institution unless a period of five years has elapsed, and all students taught by or with the External Examiner have completed their programme(s).
A reciprocal arrangement involving cognate programmes at another institution.
The succession of an External Examiner by a colleague from the Examiner’s home department and institution.
The appointment of more than one External Examiner from the same department of the same institution.
If you are interested in the role please send a CV and appropriate covering letter/email.