The Division of Adult Nursing and Healthcare is seeking to appoint an external examiner for a range of SCQF Level 9 and Level 11 modules:
- NURS09224 Healthcare Practice: Leadership and Management
- NURS09225 Skills for Holistic Healthcare Practice
- NURS09226 The Principles of Quality Healthcare Practice
- NURS11025 Contemporary Cancer and Palliative Care
- NURS11129 Introduction to eHealth
- NURS11154 Integrated Human Development
- NURS11155 Managing Holistic Care
- NURS11156 Resilience in Health
- NURS11157 Self, Society and Nursing
External examiner responsibilities include moderation of assessments, completion of an annual monitoring report and attendance at subject panels where student marks are ratified. A schedule of Assessment Boards per academic session will be made available and external examiners would be expected to attend one per academic year. External examiners are required to make use of Turnitin or Handin systems during the external moderation process (this being accessible through the Virtual Learning Environment).
Experienced and new external examiners will be considered provided the applicant has the relevant professional qualification(s) and experience. Relevant professional experience in the field of Adult Nursing and a valid teaching qualification are essential requirements for this post.
The appointments will be with effect from 1 October 2023 to 30 September 2027.
Full details of the programmes and modules will be provided to appointees and an online induction will be provided by the University following appointment. Further information about UWS policy for external examiners is available at: https://connect.uws.ac.uk/education/SitePages/ExtExam.aspx
For informal discussion please contact:
Brian Johnston, Chair, School Assessment Board email@example.com