The School of Nursing and Midwifery at University of Plymouth is currently looking to appoint two External Advisors to act as a member of a Periodic Review Panel for Nursing and Midwifery undergraduate (including nursing-associates), post-graduate taught and post-graduate research. One reviewer will focus on undergraduate and post-graduate/post-registration taught courses, the other reviewer on post-graduate research (PGR) provision. The remit of the Periodic Review is 2017-18 to the present.
The External Advisors will be required to review programme documentation and a periodic review self-evaluation document prior to the approval meeting (which will be held in Plymouth on June 14th for all programmes other than PGR, and morning of June 15th for PGR). The Periodic Review Panel will also comprise of University of Plymouth representatives.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced colleagues that meet the criteria below:
- holds, or has held, a senior academic leadership role (Head of School, Deputy or Associate Head of School, or equivalent, Director of PGR).
- has not been a member of staff at University of Plymouth or at any of our partner institutions/Colleges in the last 5 years
- has not been a student at University of Plymouth or at any of our partner institutions/Colleges in the last 5 years
- has not been an External Examiner at University of Plymouth or any of our partner institutions/Colleges in the past 5 years (this includes reciprocal arrangements where a University of Plymouth member of academic staff has been an External Examiner at the nominee’s HEI)
- has not worked collaboratively with any member of staff involved in bringing forward the proposal (e.g. on research papers/publications)
- has not had direct responsibility for providing placements for students from this or another related programme
All appointments are subject to the candidate meeting the University’s criteria for appointment. If you would like to be considered for this role, please submit a CV by email to email@example.com by Wednesday 15th March 2023, or for further information about the role email firstname.lastname@example.org.