The Faculty of Management, Law and Social Sciences at the University of Bradford is looking for a dedicated individual to take on the role of programme external examiner on our BA Social Work and Integrated Degree Apprenticeship for Social Worker programmes to commence September 2022 for a 4-year term. Each programme provides students the opportunity to gain the theory and hands on practical experiences to enable them to gain accreditation to a professional status of Social Worker. The Integrated Degree Apprenticeship for Social Worker is aligned to the apprenticeship standards.
Further information about the Programme and School can be found at:
- Social Work BA (Hons) degree – University of Bradford
- School of Social Sciences – Faculty of Management, Law and Social Sciences – University of Bradford
- Social worker (integrated degree) / Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education
An overview of your role and responsibilities:
- The applicant should have appropriate expertise/experience in a range of topics related to the programme of study. For example, you will be able to demonstrate up-to-date and current experience within social work and social care that aligns to the Social Work England professional standards.
- You will be able to undertake a paid role in the assurance of academic standards in Higher Education and should be aware of modern developments in the design and delivery of the flexible curriculum.
- The appointee will be required to moderate a sample of work, attend Examiner Induction, Assessment Committees and Boards of Examiners as appropriate, virtually if necessary and submit an annual report.
- You will not hold more than ONE other UK Higher Education External Examiner post at the start of the contract.
- Prior experience as an external examiner or of apprenticeship programmes would be desirable but not essential.
- Applicants are required to be registered as a Social Worker with Social Work England and you will be required to provide your registration number at the application stage. Applicants registered in Northern Ireland, Wales or Scotland are welcome but will be required to join the SWE register before the start of the appointment.
For more detail (inc. fees and expenses) visit https://www.bradford.ac.uk/teaching-quality/external-expertise/
Interested individuals should submit a CV in the first instance to ExternalExaminers@bradford.ac.uk by 25 April 2022.