The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education (IFATE) have amended the end point assessment for the NMC regulated courses below from non-integrated to integrated:
- Nursing Associate Apprenticeship (HEE and NMC 2018 Curriculums)
- Registered Nurse Degree Apprenticeship (NMC 2018)
The EPA now consists of the UWL Awards Board and following this, UWL putting froward eligible apprentices to the NMC. The NMC approved HEI now becomes the EPAO (following registration with the ESFA for each standard).
There must be independence of the end-point assessment which is assured through the award board and includes the EPA External Examiner for this phase.
- The duration of an External Examiner’s appointment will normally be for four years, with an possibility of an additional extension of one year to ensure continuity.
- Carrying out the EPA as set out in the Assessment Plan for the Apprenticeship Standard, including:
- To review and confirm all evidence for the EPA is in place;
- To confirm the independence and impartiality of the process;
- To confirm the maintenance of nationally comparable standards across HE institutions;
- To attend Award Boards associated with the listed programme(s) and sign off an Award Board matrix according to University of West London Academic Regulations;
- Provide detailed and appropriate feedback to support the end point assessment processes;
- Contribute to external quality assurance activity/audit (where appropriate);
- Maintain active registration on the NMC register as a nurse
- Annually submitting conflicts of interest declaration within the agreed timescale.
The role requires:
- Knowledge and understanding of the standard and assessment plan.
- Knowledge and understanding of UK sector agreed reference points for the maintenance of academic standards and assurance and enhancement of quality.
- Be a nurse registered with the NMC.
- Familiarity with the EPA performance expected of apprentices to achieve the award being assessed.
- Comply to the requirements of the EPAO (NMC Approved Education Institution).
- Knowledge to undertake EPA activities with integrity and impartiality to offer a fair, reliable and consistent assessment experience for all apprentices.
- Be independent of the apprentice, the EPAO (NMC Approved Education Institution) or employing organisation who are involved in delivering the apprenticeship.
In addition, all External Examiners at the University of West London are required to demonstrate they:
- Have relevant academic and/or professional qualifications to at least the level of the qualification being externally examined
Further information and to apply: https://jobs.uwl.ac.uk/Vacancy.aspx?ref=QUAL28
Salary: Band D – £250 fee