The Faculty of Health Sciences at the University of Hull are looking forward to working with a new EPA Assessor for our Nursing and Associate Apprenticeship and Registered Nurse Degree Apprenticeships.
This appointment reflects recent changes in policy related to the end-point assessment for certain Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) programmes, allowing Universities that have successfully applied to the Register of End Point Assessment Organisations (EPAO) to conduct end-point assessments (EPA) linked to programme board processes.
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education (IfATE) have amended the EPA for the NMC regulated courses below from non-integrated to fully integrated apprenticeships:
- Nursing Associate Apprenticeship (HEE and NMC 2018 Curriculum)
- Registered Nurse Degree Apprenticeship (NMC 2010)
- Registered Nurse Degree Apprenticeship (NMC 2018)
- Deliver the EPA requirements as set out in the Assessment Plan for the Apprenticeship Standard, including:
- Reviewing and confirming evidence regarding EPA criteria and guidance
- Providing detailed, appropriate feedback to support EPA processes
- Confirming independence and impartiality of the process
- Confirming maintenance of nationally comparable standards across HE institutions
- Attending Programme Boards and leading the subsequent EPA Assessment Boards associated with the listed programmes(s) and confirming successful apprentices with award classifications as described in the relevant EPA Assessment Plan
- Completing Grading Decision Reports and Cohort Reports
- Contributing to external quality assurance where appropriate
- Submitting conflict of interest declarations in line with the University’s EPA Conflicts of Interest Policy
The role requires:
- Knowledge and understanding of the standard and assessment plan
- Knowledge and understanding of UK sector agreed reference points to maintain academic standards and assurance of quality
- Active NMC registration as either a Registered Nurse or, for the Nursing Associate programme, as a Nursing Associate.
- Familiarity with EPA performance criteria
- Compliance with EPAO (NMC Approved Education Institution) requirements
- Knowledge to undertake EPA activities with integrity and impartiality, offering fair, reliable and consistent assessment
- EPA Assessors to be independent of the apprentice, EPAO or employing organisation who are involved in delivering the apprenticeship
This EPA Assessor appointment relates to apprentices completing programmes and requiring EPA in 2021/22 in the first instance. Appointment is subject to meeting the University’s criteria for the appointment of EPA Assessors.
To apply for this post please send a covering letter and copy of your CV to Vicky Hewson (Head of Department, Nursing), V.Hewson@hull.ac.uk
If you would like to discuss this post, please contact Vicky Hewson (Head of Department, Nursing), V.Hewson@hull.ac.uk