- Champion and provide strong faculty leadership in the development and maintenance of innovative curricula ensuring that Professional, Statutory and Regulatory Body
(PSRB) requirements are met and/or exceeded and that key stakeholders are engaged in the development process.
- Be responsible for the oversight of all Nursing and Midwifery (NMC) quality review and assurance, support the Heads of School to achieve successful outcomes and manage recommendations for ongoing quality enhancement.
- Work closely with the Deputy Dean’s, alongside the Academic Quality Manager and Heads of School (and other relevant staff) to ensure that our NMC regulated academic and practice provision is delivered effectively, efficiently and to the required quality standards. Specifically lead on ensuring that courses are organised, managed, and delivered consistently across all of our sites and that our students have an equitable and excellent
- Actively engage with Course Leaders, ensuring that they have a clear understanding of responsibilities in relation to quality. Help develop and implement creative solutions to quality improvements to practice and act as a role model and source of information and support for Course Leaders.
- Oversee the Annual Monitoring process for NMC regulated courses and monitor School action plans re achieving ongoing improvement.
- Use relevant data (e.g. NSS, SES, MES, etc.) to inform improvements to our NMC courses, processes and overall quality by identifying trends and issues and working with relevant colleagues to share best practice and implement solutions.
- Utilise a data-rich approach to meeting faculty strategic goals and contributing to organisational quality agendas e.g. TEF and NMC Annual Self-Assessment Reports.
- Participate in assessment panels and assessment processes ensuring proactive management of issues likely to compromise academic standards.
- Work with all members of the Schools of Nursing & Midwifery to respond to exceptional reporting requests from the NMC and proactively report any variations that may impact on NMC Standards.
- Engage with Faculty and corporate strategic and policy developments as a member of the faculty’s leadership team and as part of our wider senior academic community.
- Contribute and support activities and projects that enhance the profile of nursing research, knowledge exchange, consultancy, and professional practice in the faculty.
- Contribute and support strategic projects and initiatives with the faculty, working closely with the Dean, Deputy Deans, Heads of School and other senior colleagues, including chairing relevant working parties and committees.
- Such other duties, temporarily or on a continuing basis, as may reasonably be required, commensurate with your grade.
This is a description of the job as it is presently constituted. It is normal practice to review periodically job descriptions to ensure that they are relevant to the job currently being performed, and to incorporate any changes which have occurred or are being proposed. The review process is carried out jointly by manager and employee and you are therefore expected to participate fully in such discussions. In all cases, it is our aim to reach agreement to reasonable changes, but where it is not possible to reach agreement, we reserve the right to make reasonable changes to your job description, which are commensurate with your grade after consultation with you.