Faculty Office MHLS
Appointment will be to a permanent post as a Professor within the Faculty. Appointment to the role of Director will be for a period of 5 years in the first instance
Applications are welcome from candidates interested in taking up the role on a less than full time basis (minimum 0.6 fte).
Salary will be commensurate with stage of career, aligned with the University’s Professorial or Clinical Academic salary scales as appropriate.
The Faculty of Medicine, Health and Life Sciences is currently seeking to appoint an inspirational academic Director to lead the new interdisciplinary Simulation Centre at Queen’s University Belfast.
The £3 million KN Cheung SK Chin InterSim Centre was completed in 2020 with significant philanthropic support. The vision is that the InterSim Centre will lead interdisciplinary simulation healthcare education, pedagogy and research in the UK and beyond, while providing excellence for our undergraduate healthcare students and postgraduate Health and Social Care providers throughout Northern Ireland, with additional impacts for our local civic outreach and wider business community links.
The Director of the KN Cheung SK Chin InterSim Simulation Centre will provide strategic leadership and operational oversight to this key educational and research facility at the core of Queen’s University’s successful healthcare programmes. The Director will be supported by an operations co-ordinator and technical and professional services staff, and will be part of the innovative teams of academic, professional support and technical staff who deliver simulation embedded education and research in the Schools of Medicine, Dentistry & Biomedical Sciences, Nursing and Midwifery, and Pharmacy within the Faculty of Medicine, Health and Life Sciences.
The Director will be an established leader in the development and delivery of simulation based education and/or research, have significant management experience in directing a diverse team within a Higher Education or healthcare setting, and a record of successful budgetary management.
Should the successful candidate wish to take up the post alongside a clinical role, every effort will be made to facilitate this.
The successful candidate must have, and your application should clearly demonstrate you have:
- Primary degree in Medicine, Nursing, Midwifery, Pharmacy or other healthcare related discipline.
- Relevant Postgraduate Doctorate or equivalent higher degree or relevant Masters level qualification with extended period of professional practise in a relevant field.
- Strong record of experience in relevant clinical area.
- Proven track record of developing and implementing simulation based approaches into healthcare curricula within Higher Education.
- Recognised international expertise and standing in simulation-based education and/or research, evidenced by for example: sustained high quality relevant peer reviewed publications; track record of presentations at relevant national/international conferences; participation in relevant national/international education/research committees/events.
- Experience managing a diverse team within a Higher Education or healthcare setting
Please visit www.qub.ac.uk/jobs to Apply.
Interviews are expected to take place in January 2024