Turning Passion into Purpose. The Division of Physiotherapy, Sport Rehabilitation and Chiropractic seeks to appoint an Associate Professor (Grade 9) in Physiotherapy. This post will come with the additional role of being Head of Division for Physiotherapy, Sport Rehabilitation and Chiropractic. The Head of Division role is based on a three-year term which is renewable for a further three years if there is a mutual agreement. The Head of Division role attracts enhanced pay during the term. We welcome applications from candidates with strong academic leadership skills, research credentials and strong teaching and learning abilities, who will be committed to the growing success and development of the School.
Within the Physiotherapy discipline, we are especially keen to receive applications from those with subject expertise and knowledge in areas that can be used for the benefit of the division and the wider school. The successful applicant will be able to deliver a high quality undergraduate, postgraduate and executive education, as well as research and enterprise activities aligned with the School’s Research and Enterprise Strategy and KPIs (REF2028 and KEF).
Research, knowledge transfer, income generation and international collaborations in the subject area are all desirable attributes in a School with a young and vibrant research community and innovative teaching programmes.
- The ability to carry out core activities in the areas of teaching and learning, knowledge transfer and professional practice, demonstrating institutional impact in your discipline.
- To engage and take on academic management roles for your own personal development and community impact.
- Contribution to and co-creation of professional learning communities to develop and enhance the student experience and to maximise graduate outcomes.
- The opportunity to contribute to the development of the curriculum, meeting internal and external quality standards and a leadership role as part of the School Leadership Team (SLT).
- The opportunity to work with a highly motivated, vibrant and international team of academics.
- Research & Enterprise development opportunities.
Southwark location in central London with easy access to businesses and academic communities across London.
Our exciting new campus in Croydon with the opportunity to contribute to the development and growth of this new hub.
Benefits and How to Apply:
As a leading Higher Education Institution LSBU offers staff a highly competitive benefits package including holiday entitlement starting at 35 days per annum, professional development opportunities and flexible working. Full details on the range of benefits we offer can be found here.
The person specification for this role alongside applicant guidance on what to submit within your application can be found within the candidate pack attached. Applications must be submitted via the “Apply Online” button below.
For an informal conversation ahead of applying please feel free to contact the hiring manager for this position, Rachel Picton, Dean of the School of Allied and Community Health, firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is Friday 5th January 2024 at 11.59pm
Interview/assessment – Monday 22nd January 2024
We are happy to talk flexible working and reasonable adjustments and aim to make our recruitment and selectio