- To lead the development, implementation, and evaluation of programmes within the nursing and midwifery portfolio within the School.
- To have School teaching and learning responsibilities and to contribute to the development of teaching and learning at College level, in a research informed manner.
- To interpret the Professional Standards Framework for teaching and supporting learning in Higher Education in order to support and promote student learning in all areas of activity.
- To contribute to the development and management of their School.
- To contribute to the wider mission of the University Associate Professors may be required to carry forward specific projects in teaching and learning of wider applicability across the College or the University.
- Provide leadership to a team of academics and professional services staff.
- Monitor and enhance programmes against Professional, Statutory and Regulatory Body (PSRB) requirements.
- Consider the diversification of our offer and support the Head and Deputy Head of School in the achievement of these activities.
- To support and deputise for the Deputy Head of School where appropriate.
- To be responsive and proactive to internal and external challenges and deal with uncertainty in a receptive and open manner.
- To be a role model in promoting the University of Lincoln’s strategic objectives and values.
- Provide support, mentorship and coaching to colleagues to promote their development. To be solutions focussed in a timely and effective manner.
Teaching and Learning Support
- Facilitate, develop, lead and support innovations in the teaching activities of the School in agreed areas.
- Plan, deliver and assess innovative, engaging and challenging teaching activities which provide a distinctive and exceptional student experience.
- Support the design and development of new or existing programmes, advising on ways to enhance the quality of teaching and enrich the student experience and assisting with the resolution of
- problems affecting the quality of course delivery and student progress.
- Work with others to develop College policy that influences and promotes good practice in all aspects of the student learning experience
- Support current staff and staff new to teaching within the School and provide guidance on development needs and opportunities
- Engage in teaching on undergraduate and/or postgraduate level programmes as determined by the Deputy Head of School. The range of teaching duties may change from time to time
- Lead a subject area or range of programmes and resolve problems affecting the quality of course delivery and student progress within own areas of responsibility. Research, Scholarly Activity and
- Lead the development of research or significant scholarly work and evaluation to improve the quality of the student learning experience within the college
- Contribute towards strengthening the link between research in own discipline areas and the teaching of that discipline
- Sustain professional recognition by significant contribution to debates on teaching and learning on national and international issues and/or by sustaining a track record of such research or
- scholarly outputs disseminated in peer reviewed outlets
- Have sufficient outputs to be returned in the REF at agreed minimum standards inclusive of complex circumstances. OR
- Conduct significant individual and /or collaborative scholarly and / or scholarly and / or professional practice