The Department of Health Sciences, University of York are seeking to appoint an Associate Lecturer in Nursing (Clinical Skills & Simulated Learning) to join our dynamic and exciting health professional education team. The focus of the Associate Lecturer role is to promote and enhance teaching, learning and assessment in our pre-registration nursing programmes, with an emphasis on clinical skills, simulation and mandatory training. We welcome applications from practitioners from a broad range of clinical backgrounds, including adult, mental health, child or learning disability care, and are particularly interested in hearing from those with experience or expertise in teaching and assessment of clinical simulated practice
This is a full time 37 hrs per week post and will be offered on a fixed term contract for 24 months (secondments will be considered).
- To develop and deliver clinical skills and simulated practice learning and associated teaching activities (lecture, seminars, tutorials) on relevant pre and post-registration programmes offered by the Department, in conjunction with the course team.
- To ensure that content, methods of delivery and learning materials meet the defined learning objectives for sessions and modules related to the knowledge and skills required for contemporary nursing practice, in conjunction with the course team.
- To develop and apply innovative and appropriate teaching techniques and material which create interest, understanding and enthusiasm amongst students.
Skills, Experience & Qualification needed
- Undergraduate or Post-Graduate Degree in nursing and current registration with the NMC
- Detailed knowledge in nursing sufficient to develop teaching and provide relevant learning support to students across different levels of academic ability
- Experience of facilitating learning, teaching and assessment in clinical practice
- Ability to design and deliver teaching material either across a range of modules or within a subject area
- Experience of developing teaching and providing relevant learning support to enable students to meet proficiencies and outcomes relevant to pre-registration nursing programmes.
To apply and for further information visit the University of York website (jobs) https://jobs.york.ac.uk/wd/plsql/wd_portal.show_job?p_web_site_id=3885&p_web_page_id=450003