Due to the growth of the nursing provision at UCB, this is an exciting opportunity for a Registered Nurse, Registered Nursing Associate or Allied Health Professional with current clinical experience, to join our growing, innovative and forwarding thinking nursing team as an Associate Lecturer.
In this role, the successful applicant will gain experience of teaching and assessing students in our purpose-built facilities in Moss House, the Health, Skills and Simulation Suite and other skills facilities around the campuses. A tour is available at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id5xwZI5VEA
The applicant will provide specialist input to ensure that nursing and allied health skills are taught and assessed in line with current evidence-based practice; across both the nursing degree, nursing associate and our growing allied health programmes.
Educated to a minimum of foundation degree level with current registration on the NMC register ( for Nurses and Nursing associates) or HCPC registered for allied health professionals, with experience of teaching and assessing students in clinical practice.
Closing Date – Friday 24 November 2023 at midday
- Generous allocation of annual leave
- 38 days’ paid leave per year
- 12 Bank Holidays & Concessionary Days
- Excellent Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Employer Contribution – 23.6%
- Subsidised private healthcare provided by Aviva including a Digital GP Service.
- Employee Assistance Programme inclusive of counselling services, financial wellbeing support and bereavement support
- Annual health MOTs with our Registered Nurse
- Excellent staff development opportunities including professional qualification sponsorship
- A variety of salary sacrifice schemes including car, technology and cycle.
- Heavily-subsidised on-site car parking in central Birmingham
- Free on-site gym membership
All applicants for employment at the University will be expected to demonstrate an understanding of the principles of Safeguarding and the PREVENT agenda in the context of further and higher education.
UCB is an equal opportunities employer.
University College Birmingham is proud to have been voted top in the International category in the prestigious 2023 Whatuni Student Choice Awards. We were also awarded silver in the University of the Year category. The awards are voted for and by students showcasing the incredible relationships we foster here at University College Birmingham between Staff and Students.
You may need to obtain permission to work in the UK if you don’t already have the unrestricted right to work in any role. There are various types of visa which include the right to work. You can check if you need a UK visa using the Government’s online tool and find information about UK visa routes and the eligibility criteria that must be met for each route Work in the UK – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk). All staff are required to prove their right to work in the UK before they start work.
UCB has a unique collaborative partnership with the University of Warwick – Ranked sixth in the 2022 Guardian League Tables and named the runner-up in the Times University of the Year 2022 and the Times University of the Year 2022 for Teaching Quality.
All applicants for employment at the University will be expected to undertake an Enhanced Check with the Disclosure and Barring Service prior to commencement.