Job reference – REQ010761
Application closing date – 16/04/2023
Peoples Futures Limited a subsidiary of Coventry University is currently recruiting to a new Assistant Teaching Fellow position in Adult Nursing. Working in the School of Nursing midwifery, within the Faculty of Health and Life sciences, these roles will focus on teaching delivery to support the student experience through inspirational teaching across undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.
The School of Nursing, Midwifery and Health has a broad provision of health professions related courses across Dietetics, Nursing, Midwifery, Occupational Therapy, Operating Department Practice, Paramedic, Physiotherapy leading to professional registration. We also have a large portfolio of Continuous Professional Development courses at Undergraduate and Postgraduate levels including Advanced Clinical Practice and Non-Medical prescribing. Number 6 in the UK for Adult Nursing – The Guardian 2022. Shortlisted for University of the Year 2021. Best university in the Midlands 2021. 11th in the United Kingdom for Nursing and Midwifery –The Guardian 2021. 2nd in UK for placement – Nursing Times 2021. 90% student satisfaction – The University Guide 2021. Joint top modern university for career prospects – Guardian Guide to Universities 2021. 100% in employment or further education. Teaching Excellence framework – Gold.
We are currently seeking to recruit an enthusiastic individual to take up an Assistant Teaching Fellow Adult nursing post within our innovative team working primarily to teach across pre-registration nursing modules. Academic assessor role will also be provided in line with professional body requirements.
The University offers academic and professional development and provides a Post Graduate Certificate Teaching Qualification for individuals who do not hold a recognised teaching qualification. You will be supported to develop your interests in order to progress your career. Salary is dependent on experience.
- Educated to degree level in an appropriate subject OR (if from a professional practice background) a good Honours Degree and appropriate progress to an appropriate professional qualification and/or membership
- Registration with the Nursing Midwifery Council, preferably within the appropriate field
- Current NMC Registration within the UK
- Experience of teaching within clinical practice is highly desirable – evidence areas of clinical/teaching experience in your application
- Experience of supporting students student’s in a clinical practice