The School of Nursing and Midwifery has an exciting opportunity for a Registered Adult Nurse to join an innovative and forwarding thinking team as a 24 month fixed term Assistant Lecturer.
Birmingham City University is a large and diverse place to work and study right in the heart of the city. Our University strives to be an inclusive place, where every individual is facilitated to reach their full potential.
Our vision as a School of Nursing and Midwifery is to aspire to lead Nursing and Midwifery education. To be the first choice for students and apprentices, colleagues and employers within Birmingham, across the West Midlands, nationally and globally.
We are a well-established, supportive, friendly team. We work in close partnership with practice partners and students to create an inspiring learning environment. We are fully committed to striving for excellence and aim to provide outstanding student experiences. We have a strong record of supporting colleagues through the transition into higher education and pride ourselves on the support and personal development we offer new team members.
- Develop and apply inspiring teaching techniques and content which foster enthusiasm, understanding and critical enquiry amongst students, through both online and face to face teaching delivery.
- Offer practice and academic guidance across the range of learner levels.
- Develop strategic internal and external networks.
- Provide pastoral support, enabling students to thrive and become independent professionals who are proud to be part of Birmingham City University.
- Be supported to develop research, enterprise and scholarly activities which are integral to the role.
- Participate in the core delivery of our courses including the recruitment and selection processes relating to the recruitment of student nurses and thus the future nursing workforce.
Essential criteria for interested applicants include the following:
- Hold a current NMC Nursing registration in adult nursing.
- Educated to Degree level in a clinically relevant subject area.
Desirable for the role includes a relevant Masters or PhD, previous HEI teaching experience and a relevant mentoring and/or assessing qualification, alongside experience of supporting pre-registration nurses in practice.
Successful applicants will if necessary be fully funded and supported through our own teacher training apprenticeship, including full support for study attendance, and the allocation of a dedicated mentor to support them through the learning requirements. There is a strong ethos of professional development within the School up to and including Doctorate level.
Our facilities are located in a beautiful, leafy campus in the Edgbaston area of Birmingham, next door to the Botanical Gardens with excellent transport connections. Birmingham City University offers attractive benefits which include up to 32 days annual holiday, an index linked contributory pension scheme and an employee assistance scheme.
We encourage applicant to arrange an informal discussion prior to their application; to do so please contact Emma Winterman at Emma.firstname.lastname@example.org