We are looking for a dedicated individual to undertake the role of Departmental Apprenticeship External Examiner for our Allied Health Professions department at Sheffield Hallam University.
Your role and responsibilities would include:
- Liaise with at least 3 employers per academic year to gain feedback and ensure employer needs are being met
- Visit subcontracting partners (where applicable) twice during your 4-year tenure
- Review of Apprentice Progress Reviews from three-way review meetings
- Attend the Departmental Apprenticeship Progression Boards
- Submit annual report to summarise the findings of the above actions and note any aspects of good practice or issues of concern
Departmental Apprenticeship External Examiners – Roles & Responsibilities
You should have appropriate expertise and experience to be able to undertake a role in the assurance of academic standards in Higher Education. Knowledge of Ofsted’s Education Inspection Framework, Further Education and Skills Handbook would be advantageous in undertaking the role. The role would suit someone who has insight in to AHP degree apprenticeships.
Please send expressions of interest and an accompanying CV to Aimee France at Sheffield Hallam University at email@example.com
Your CV should contain the following information:
- Current and recent employment history
- HE and Professional Qualifications
- Current and previous external examiner engagements
- Experience of course/module leader roles
- Teaching experience
- Research and related Scholarly/ Professional Activity/ Consultancy
Please note that all appointments are subject to verification of eligibility to work in the UK, as per UK Visas and Immigration requirements. To verify your eligibility to work in the UK we will need to see your original passport, any visa-related documentation (for non-UK citizens) and/or your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) (for non-UK citizens).
You can provide the required documentation either by attending the University in person, prior to the commencement of your role, or by post (Special Delivery). In either case, your original documentation must be provided. No work can be undertaken until these checks have been completed.
The standard fee for this role is £550 per year.