School of Health and Life Sciences
AC2 Lecturer in Mental Health – REQ002098
AC2: £39,592 to £47,047 per annum
Full time, Permanent
An opportunity has arisen for an AC2 lecturer in mental health within the School of Health and Life Sciences, where teaching and research are at the heart of all the school’s activities. The post is based at our Paisley campus. Ideally, the successful candidate will be a registered mental health nurse and qualified, or soon to be qualified, to Masters level. Other professional accredited body registrations, such as HCPC, with the appropriate mental health experience may be considered, but preference will be given to applicants registered with the NMC.
The post requires a skilled and motivated person with clinical credibility to contribute to the currency and clinical relevance of our mental health and social care undergraduate programmes. Knowledge in a particular field of mental health (CAMHS, CBT, Older People, forensic mental health) would be desirable to deliver and develop our post graduate portfolio. The ability to contribute to module and programme development is integral to this post, along with engagement in wider academic activities such as consultancy, CPD, and scholarship to enhance teaching or academic knowledge.
The successful candidate should have the following:
- Professional Registration – preferably NMC
- Relevant Masters degree, or near completion of Masters degree
- A sufficient breadth or depth of knowledge and experience in the discipline of mental health to work within established teaching programmes.
- Awareness of strategies to promote and assess learning.
- Understand equality and diversity issues as they may impact on academic content and issues relating to student need.
- Commitment to delivering high quality teaching and supporting an outstanding student experience.
The School of Health & Life Sciences at UWS offers innovative teaching and research opportunities, firmly focused on the real-world challenges facing the healthcare and life sciences sectors. You will join a supportive and committed team, where you will play a key role in continuing to establish the University as a force for good. Our students benefit from studying in modern learning facilities – among the very best in the country – and the strong links we have with partner organisations across the private, public and third sectors. Find out more about our School of Health & Life Sciences.
We offer our staff a caring and supportive environment, across five campuses, and a competitive benefits package which includes:
- 35 days of annual leave, plus a further 12 days for public/university holidays
- An additional day of annual leave to celebrate your birthday.
- 23% employer’s pension contribution, including death in service benefits on joining the pension scheme
- A flexible approach to working pattern and work-life balance
- Employee discount scheme across 3,500 retailers
- Fitness facilities across our campuses
- Free gym membership
- Access to a range of health and wellbeing resources, including occupational health, physiotherapy and access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Professional, career and research development opportunities.
For further information please contact Dr James Taylor, firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information, including details of how to apply are available at https://jobs.uws.ac.uk/