The School of Nursing and Midwifery has an exciting opportunity for a Registered Nurse/Midwife to join an innovative and forwarding thinking team as a Senior Lecturer within our newly established Practice Learning Hub.
Our vision as a School of Nursing and Midwifery is to aspire to lead Nursing and Midwifery education. To be the first choice for students and apprentices, colleagues, and employers within Birmingham, across the West Midlands, nationally and globally.
The successful applicant will lead on implementing, auditing and evaluating the effectiveness of the online electronic practice assessment document. The successful applicant will offer support, education and advice to our students, academic staff and practice partners and work in close partnership with our regional practice partners to ensure excellence in practice-based learning for all of our students and to continue to increase and diversify our practice learning opportunities for all of our learners.
The successful applicant will in addition support the development, delivery, and student assessment within a range of contemporary, evidenced-based modules of study relating to the Future Nurse/Midwife curriculum.
Through effective team and partnership working the successful candidate will:
- Develop and apply inspiring teaching techniques and content that fosters enthusiasm, understanding, and critical enquiry amongst students, through both online and face-to-face teaching delivery.
- Offer practice and academic guidance across the range of learner levels.
- Develop strategic internal and external networks.
- Provide pastoral support, enabling students to thrive and become independent professionals who are proud to be part of Birmingham City University.
- Be supported to develop research, enterprise, and scholarly activities which are integral to the role.
- Participate in the core delivery of our courses including the recruitment and selection processes relating to the recruitment of student nurses and thus the future nursing workforce.
Essential criteria for interested applicants include the following:
- Hold a current NMC Registered Nurse/Midwife registration.
- Educated to degree level in a clinically relevant subject area.
- Have previous HEI teaching experience and working supervising and assessing pre-registration nursing learners within the clinical environment.
- Desirable for the role includes a higher educational award.
Successful applicants will, if necessary, be fully funded and supported through our own teacher training apprenticeship, including full support for study attendance, and the allocation of a dedicated mentor to support them through the learning requirements.
We are a supportive, and friendly team who work in close partnership with practice partners and students to create an inspiring learning environment. As a team, we are fully committed to striving for excellence and aim to provide outstanding student experiences.
Our facilities are located in a beautiful, leafy campus in the Edgbaston area of Birmingham, next door to the Botanical Gardens with excellent transport connections. Birmingham City University offers attractive benefits which include up to 32 days annual holiday, an index linked contributory pension scheme, and an employee assistance scheme.
We encourage applicants to arrange an informal discussion prior to their application; to do so please contact Abbie.FordhamBarnes@bcu.ac.uk