The University of Lincoln is seeking to appoint an external examiner for post qualifying modules/programmes as follows. 1. PG Cert Approved Mental Health Professional. 2. Best Interests Assessor (BIA) module. 3. Approved Mental Capacity Professional module (AMCP) (the latter scheduled to replace the BIA module from 2023).
The listed programmes are multi professional. The candidate will need to be registered with one of the four qualifying professions (Social Work, Nursing, OT or Psychology) and have relevant experience.
Previous experience of external examining is helpful but not essential.
Note that regulations list the following circumstances which would make a person ineligible for the role.
- A member of a governing body or committee of the university of Lincoln or one of its collaborative partners, or a current employee of the university or one of its collaborative partners.
- Anyone with a close professional, contractual or personal relationship with a member of staff or student involved with the programme of study.
- Anyone required to assess colleagues who are recruited as students to programme of study.
- Anyone who is, or knows they be, in a position to significantly influence the future of students on the programme of study.
- Anyone significantly involved in recent or current substantive collaborative research activities with a member of staff closely involved in the delivery, management or assessment of the programme (s) or modules in question.
- Former staff or students of the institution unless a period of five years has elapsed, and all students taught by or with the External Examiner have completed their programme(s).
- A reciprocal arrangement involving cognate programmes at another institution.
- The succession of an External Examiner by a colleague from the Examiner’s home department and institution.
- The appointment of more than one External Examiner from the same department of the same institution.
If you are interested in the role please contact Jim Rogers at the University of Lincoln – email@example.com