A bit about School of Health & Society.
Our School of Health & Society is one of the largest providers of nursing, midwifery, social work and allied health professional education programmes in the UK, known for our track record of collaborating with a wide range of industry partners across health and social care to produce highly skilled graduates with real work experience. We are at an interesting time in the Higher Education sector, there is significant change in terms of oversight, student expectations and changing demographics and we are trying to do things differently so that we stay ahead of these changes.
The School of Health and Society is now looking to recruit an Apprenticeship Facilitator to support our growing apprentice numbers in our Directorate of Nursing and Midwifery. This is an exciting time to join our growing team dedicated to delivering high quality apprenticeships.
So what will the role involve?
- Work with programme leaders, apprenticeship teams and employers to coordinate and oversee apprentice recruitment and onboarding activities.
- Organise, attend and document quarterly progress review meetings for apprentices with employers.
- Give advice on academic programme structure to apprentices and employers in relation to the relationship between academic and industry aspects of apprenticeship.
- Support apprentices with achieving and documenting their work-based learning and off the job elements of the apprenticeship.
- Pro-actively manage and organise ongoing apprentice relationship, to maximise prospects of apprentices complying with relevant programme and apprenticeship requirements.
- Contribute to our thinking and be challenging on how Salford can transform the way it addresses equity disparities, embraces diversity and becomes more inclusive
- Foster the development of an inclusive community, working in partnership with apprentices to improve their sense of belonging
You will be a Registered Nurse with current NMC registration and a passion for high-quality student experience. You will be able to lead by example and support apprentices to develop their knowledge, skills and behaviours at university and in the workplace.
Interviews are scheduled to take place on Friday 24th September 2021.
Please note, this is a fixed term role for 2 years in the first instance. The role closes at 23:59 on Sunday 12th September 2021.
Within your cover letter/personal statement it is suggested that you outline how you meet the criteria listed in the person specification. Please provide information of any additional qualification and experience relevant to the role.
What’s in it for you?
With over 200 languages spoken across Greater Manchester, we want to create an inspirational, inclusive learning and working environment, celebrating the diversity of our University community in our everyday conversations. Our student population is already incredibly diverse and we want to ensure this is reflected across our colleague profile as well.
Please click here to apply