Deputy Dean – REF075
Salary: SS2 £81,702- £91,575 per annum
Full time: 35 hours per week
43 days of annual leave (including statutory/University holidays)
THE POST – Deputy Dean
Reporting to the Dean of School, the Deputy Dean is key to leading the delivery of the school’s plan, deputising for the Dean as appropriate. The Deputy Dean will provide strong, dynamic and inspirational leadership and management across the school. Leading the Associate Deans and Heads of Division, the Deputy Dean will operationalise strategic objectives in order to enhance student and staff experiences and ensure successful delivery and impact of the school plan and university strategy. The postholder will stimulate a high-quality, supportive and inclusive academic and research environment which encourages and supports staff to undertake activities that contribute to an excellent student and staff experience.
As a Deputy Dean your key responsibilities will include:
- Leading the development, sustainability, and viability of the school’s portfolio, ensuring alignment to market demand to meet the university’s recruitment targets
- Driving the school’s improvement across key performance indicators including student experience and satisfaction, retention, progression, and graduate outcomes
- Building effective networks and deliver communications both within the school and wider university including central and professional service functions to innovate, share good practice and improve performance, creating a culture of continuous quality enhancement within the school.
- Planning and delivery of the school’s resources on a medium to long-term basis, ensuring the delivery of the school plan, with alignment to university strategy
- Fostering excellent working relationships and networks with senior members of other schools, professional support services, other universities and external partners
The successful candidate should have the following:
- PhD or equivalent professional qualification in a subject relevant to the school and/or equivalent professional qualification / demonstrable experience
- A successful track record of academic leadership and management at a senior level in an HE environment based on an appreciation of internal and external drivers, with a passion for innovation, creativity and collaboration across teaching, research and enterprise.
- Experience of workforce planning, organising, monitoring and reviewing business operations, resources, income generation to ensure a coordinated approach to academic and operational planning with a proven ability to deliver on a range of internal and external performance indicators.
- Substantial record of academic achievement across teaching, research and/or professional practice in a relevant subject area.
- Knowledge and understanding of the changing HE external and regulatory environment in the UK and internationally, and the key challenges these bring for the school.
To request a job description please contact the recruitment team via firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this role please apply with a CV and Cover Letter which should incorporate how you meet the person specification for the post (preferably as one document) to email@example.com
Closing Date: Thursday 19th October 2023
Interview Date: Monday 30th October 2023 at the Lanarkshire Campus