University College Birmingham are looking for a passionate and forward thinking HCPC registered dietitian to support the development and delivery of our exciting new MSc Dietetics (pre-registration) (subject to HCPC approval).
You will join an excellent Nursing and Allied Health Professions Department working to deliver a high-quality educational experience in the Department of Health. Based in the new Moss House Campus you will be able to draw upon a clinical skills and simulation suite, as well as a commercial clinic and industry standard kitchens situated within our Birmingham College of Food. You will have an interest in educating the future dietetic workforce and be keen to work alongside practice in ensuring a high-quality placement and University experience.
In addition you will also have up-to-date, research informed dietetic knowledge which will be utilised to deliver an interactive, innovative, engaging and programme to our students.
Applications are welcomed from dietitians working in practice as well as those currently working within education.
- Generous allocation of annual leave
- 38 days’ paid leave per year
- 12 Bank Holidays & Concessionary Days
- Excellent Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Employer Contribution – 23.6%
- Subsidised private healthcare provided by Aviva including a Digital GP Service.
- Employee Assistance Programme inclusive of counselling services, financial wellbeing support and bereavement support
- Annual health MOTs with our Registered Nurse
- Excellent staff development opportunities including professional qualification sponsorship
- A variety of salary sacrifice schemes including car, technology and cycle.
- Heavily-subsidised on-site car parking in central Birmingham
- Hybrid working opportunities
- Free on-site gym membership
Closing Date – Friday 7 July 2023 at midday
All applicants for employment at the University will be expected to demonstrate an understanding of the principles of Safeguarding and the PREVENT agenda in the context of further and higher education.
UCB is an equal opportunities employer.
University College Birmingham is proud to have been voted top in the International category in the prestigious 2023 Whatuni Student Choice Awards. We were also awarded silver in the University of the Year category. The awards are voted for and by students showcasing the incredible relationships we foster here at University College Birmingham between Staff and Students.
You may need to obtain permission to work in the UK if you don’t already have the unrestricted right to work in any role. There are various types of visa which include the right to work. You can check if you need a UK visa using the Government’s online tool and find information about UK visa routes and the eligibility criteria that must be met for each route Work in the UK – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk). All staff are required to prove their right to work in the UK before they start work.
UCB has a unique collaborative partnership with the University of Warwick – Ranked sixth in the 2022 Guardian League Tables and named the runner-up in the Times University of the Year 2022 and the Times University of the Year 2022 for Teaching Quality.
All applicants for employment at the University will be expected to undertake an Enhanced Check with the Disclosure and Barring Service prior to commencement.