Head of School
School of Nursing & Midwifery
Appointment will be to a permanent post as a Professor within the School. Appointment to the role of Head of School will be for an initial period of 5 years.
Salary: An attractive remuneration package, commensurate with the seniority and responsibilities of the role, will be provided.
The Faculty of Medicine, Health and Life Sciences at Queen’s University Belfast, is currently seeking to appoint an exceptional candidate to the post of Head of School of Nursing and Midwifery.
This role will provide an exciting opportunity to join the leadership team of a Russell Group University and innovate in highly successful education and research programmes in Healthcare. The Faculty has recently performed exceptionally in external assessments of esteem and is responsible for significant new investment in infrastructure through the Belfast Regional City Deal which has a major focus on Health and Life Sciences. The School of Nursing and Midwifery is ranked in the top 100 (QS Rankings 2023) worldwide, with the School ranked 6th in the UK by the Complete University Guide. The School has over 100 academic staff and trains ~600 nurses and midwives each year, with an innovative curriculum encompassing the use of simulation in integrated professional education.
The Head of School will report to the Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Medicine, Health and Life Sciences) and will play a key role in providing effective and efficient leadership and management of the School.
The successful candidate must have, and your application should clearly demonstrate that you meet the following criteria:
- A professional qualification in nursing and/or midwifery.
- Have a current registration, or be eligible for registration, with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (UK).
- A substantial record of achievement in leading and managing a significant aspect of academic work.
- Evidence of high-quality delivery of education and/or research and innovation at a senior level in an academic institution with a strong academic record and a recognised research or professional profile in one of the disciplines represented within the School.
- Sustained record of having a major contribution and leading in successful bids for competitive, peer-reviewed national or international grants or other awards as Principal Investigator, as appropriate to the discipline.
- An established record of impactful teaching.
- Skills in effective leading and working as a member of a team.
Please note the above are not an exhaustive list. For further information about the role including the essential and desirable criteria please visit www.qub.ac.uk/jobs or click to Apply.
Anticipated Interview Date: Interview dates to be confirmed.
Informal enquiries may be directed to Prof David Grieve at email@example.com
Information about the Faculty can be found at www.qub.ac.uk/Study/MHLS/
Information about the School can be found at www.qub.ac.uk/schools/SchoolofNursingandMidwifery/
Please also visit our recruitment microsite at www.qub.ac.uk/sites/QUBJobVacancies/FeaturedJobs/mhls-recruitment/