Applications for the Student Leadership Programme 2023-2024 have now closed.
Before you apply to the Student Leadership Programme, please make sure that you have read this page properly, and that you have understood what the programme involves, checked you are eligible to apply (see below), and that you have read our application guidance. If you have any additional questions, you should check our FAQs page before contacting us directly.
- At the time of application, you must be in EITHER first or second year (3 year degree) or first, second and third year (4 year degree) of your undergraduate studies OR in first-year pre-registration postgraduate studies. If you are currently in your final year, you are not eligible for this programme.
- You must be a student in nursing, midwifery or in one of the allied health professions
- You must be studying at one of the Council of Deans of Health member institutions (full list available here)
- You must be available to attend the welcome conference (20-21 Sept 2023)
- You must be committed to developing your own leadership skills and be willing and enthusiastic to engage in all elements of the programme
To apply to the Student Leadership Programme, you will be required to complete an online application form. This will consist of three main questions you will need to respond to, along with some personal details about you (e.g. name, university, course).
All applications were carefully assessed and we notified potential candidates of the outcome of their applications in July 2023.
Those who are provisionally successful will need to have a member of staff at their university complete a support form to ensure your university is happy for you to take part in the programme. This will be sent by email to those who are successful.