We are currently looking for two University Tutor’s to join our School of Health and Social Care on a full-time, permanent basis.
An exciting, new opportunity has arisen within the School of Health and Social Care for a University Tutor to join the team to contribute to the learning, teaching, and assessment (LTA) in the nursing subject area.
Our large facility is versatile and covers everything from online learning, classroom tutorials, a critical care unit and clinical ward to a home environment. Our simulation and clinical skills centre and is also utilised to facilitate learning and simulation to a number of external organisations and private companies.
The School is seeking a talented individual to join the team to provide support for academic practice and the delivery of clinical skills to our curricula, together with related tutorial activity, student assessment as well as associated administrative activities.
We are seeking an individual who has the knowledge, skills, experience, and ability to teach a variety of clinical skills commensurate with pre-registration nursing and midwifery education. Applicants should be a current an NMC registrant, have a degree in nursing and have current clinical practice experience. The university tutor will be based at Sighthill Campus.
Who we are looking for:
- Degree in a relevant discipline or Significant professional/industry experience at a senior level in the subject matter/industry.
- Relevant Nursing and Midwifery Council professional body registration.
- Experience of delivering and supporting undergraduate or postgraduate students either in an online, distance learning, clinical or face to face environment.
- A PhD or equivalent in a relevant subject or working towards achieving a PhD.
- MSc in relevant discipline.
- PG Cert for Teaching in Higher Education or other relevant.
- Qualification in teaching (or readiness to undertake).
- Ideally HEA membership or a strong willingness to achieve membership within 2 years of appointment.
Benefits We Offer
Salary: £38,587 Grade 5 (Secondment – up to NHS band 6)
Join us and you will find that we offer support and recognition wherever due, as well as fantastic benefits such as an attractive pension with employer contributions of up to 23% and a minimum of 46 days holiday.
There are professional development opportunities, discounted access to onsite sports facilities and a wide range of other staff discounts.
Closing date: Monday 10 October @ 11:59pm
Interviews: w/c 24 October
For informal enquires about the role, please contact Helen Matthew, H.email@example.com – Operations Manager, Simulation and Clinical Skills Centre. For any Recruitment related queries, please contact Recruitment@napier.ac.uk.
Edinburgh Napier is committed to creating an environment where everyone feels proud, confident, challenged and supported and are holders of Disability Confident, Carer Positive and Stonewall Diversity Champion status.