Birmingham City University is a large and diverse place to study right in the heart of the city and we currently have an exciting opportunity for a committed and passionate full time senior teaching fellow / senior lecturer in Midwifery to join our enthusiastic and motivated midwifery team.
As a member of the midwifery team, you will contribute fully in designing and implementing the current and proposed NMC Standards for pre-registration midwifery education. You will also be expected to work closely with our partner Trusts, maintaining clinical link/ personal tutor roles and providing pastoral support for our students.
Some of your main responsibilities will be to:
- Manage taught programmes / modules, including oversight of day to day operational processes
- Teach a range of materials
- Develop and apply innovative and appropriate teaching techniques and materials
- Provide student support and oversee the monitoring of student progress
- Be responsible for quality, audit and other external assessments in own areas of responsibility
- You will be a NMC registered midwife approved teacher, with experience of working as a lecturer in the HEI setting. You will have experience of teaching, curriculum development and quality management and enhancement in an HE environment.
Ideally, you should hold a higher degree, and possess a first degree in a related subject. You should be able to demonstrate on-going personal and professional development. You should have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong IT and organisational skills are essential. You will be expected to contribute to our research and scholarly activities. Applicants must hold current registration with the NMC as a Registered Midwife.
Interviews will be held week commencing 3rd February and week commencing 10th February 2020.
For further information please contact Julie Hadley, Acting Head of Department for Midwifery via email@example.com or 0121 331 7032.