We are seeking to appoint a Mental Health Nurse Senior Teaching Fellow, active on the NMC register and holds a PhD or equivalent qualification and experience in Mental Health Nursing. You will help us to design and deliver our highly valued undergraduate and postgraduate, pre-registration, mental health and dual qualification nursing programmes, and contribute to our well-developed research portfolio.
Our School of Health Sciences is within the Faculty of Environmental and Life Sciences. We have a strong record of providing an excellent research environment and delivering research with National and International impact. We were ranked joint 1st for Nursing in the 204 Research Excellence Framework assessment. The Job: Our vision is to lead nursing in a global digitalised world by developing our students and staff leadership and innovation skills, such that all will have a pride in their clinically led innovative nursing, nursing education and research at Southampton, which will influence people around the world. You will work with a dedicated, experienced nursing education team, whilst developing your research portfolio.
Daily activities include:
- Contributing to the design and delivery of nursing programmes including module leadership, session delivery and marking.
- Assisting in the development of the nursing research portfolio as part of a research group.
- Acting as a personal academic tutor to students.
- Liaising with programme managers and senior leaders to deliver the nursing research and education strategy.
- Liaising with clinical practice partners to maintain and develop effective partnership working.
- A satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service clearance at Enhanced level is required.
- Your job title and salary will be decided upon appointment, dependent on experience.
For an informal discussion about this post, please contact Paula, P.Libberton@soton.ac.uk