This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced School Nurse to join the Department of Post Qualifying Healthcare Practice, within the School of Nursing and Midwifery at Birmingham City University. The Department of Post Qualifying Healthcare Practice is a thriving, innovative and dynamic environment that aims to provide high quality CPD for the global health workforce.
Joining an existing team of academics, you will contribute to the taught delivery, assessment and support for students undertaking our Specialist Community Public Health Nursing (SCPHN) course. You will work in partnership with our local NHS Trusts, to develop and grow the future Health Visiting and School Nursing workforce across the region.
In collaboration with the Faculty team, the role will involve the following:
- Acting as the School Nurse lead within the SCPHN team.
- A contribution to taught delivery, assessment and module leadership across the Specialist Community Public Health Nursing (SCPHN) provision and other related pre and post-registration courses.
- Engagement with experts by experience, external stakeholders, and provision and development of placement support to SCPHN students, Practice Assessors and Practice Supervisors.
- Provide academic and pastoral support to students undertaking the SCPHN and pre-registration Nursing courses.
The following are requirements for the role:
- A professional qualification as a Registered Nurse or Registered Midwife.
- A professional qualification as a Specialist Community Public Health Nurse (SCPHN) School Nursing.
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent).
- A PgCert or equivalent qualification is desirable.
- Credible experience within the School Nursing specialism.
- Experience as an academic or guest lecturer within Higher Education is desirable.
- A track-record of supporting students.
- Strong IT skills, including the use of Microsoft Office.
- Experience of working effectively within a team.
With around 24,000 students from 80 countries, Birmingham City University is a large and diverse place to study. We put students at the heart of everything we do, giving them the best opportunities for future success. The University has an enviable reputation for providing quality, student-focused education in a professional and friendly environment. Our superb courses, state-of-the-art facilities, first-rate staff, and focus on practical skills and professional relevance is producing some of the country’s most employable graduates.
We put £270 million into the regional economy and support thousands of jobs in the area. We’re investing £260 million in our estate, including a major expansion of our city-centre campus at Eastside, providing students with an enviable range of facilities. The Complete University Guide ranked us as a top 30 UK university for spending on facilities in 2015.
Our staff and student community is defined by our core values, which outline who we are as a University and how we will work with each other. Our core values are Excellence, People focused, Partnership working and Fairness and integrity.
If you wish to know more about this role, and would like an informal discussion please contact David Waters, Associate Professor/Head of Department, by email on: firstname.lastname@example.org