College of Medicine and Health, Academy of Nursing
The above full-time post is available immediately on a permanent basis.
We are seeking to appoint an Associate Professor or Senior Lecturer with significant expertise and experience in nursing with the vision and knowledge to match ours. Candidates should have a strong track record of quality publications, successful research funding applications and research leadership. Applications from candidates with NMC registration in mental health nursing will be particularly welcome.
The Associate Professor role is to lead on nursing research and to support the development of stage appropriate optimal student learning experiences in relation to evidence and research as applied to health and social care. See below for further information regarding requirements of the role. The Senior Lecturer role is to lead on the development of stage appropriate optimal student learning experiences in relation to evidence and research as applied to health and social care.
The Academy of Nursing and innovative MSci Nursing programme, launched in 2019, prepares students for nurse leadership which promotes and sustains excellence in health and social care. Our Academy will create and develop a lifelong community of constantly curious and pioneering nurses at the forefront of regional, national and global innovation in care leadership, research and education.
For an Associate Professor post you will:
- Be a leading authority in nursing with a national and international reputation, as evidenced by research publications, sustained funding as principal investigator and PhD supervision as well as other esteem indicators.
- Have experience of making significant contribution to the development and clarification of research strategy for their subject area
- Contribute to our educational programmes and to the overall student experience.
For a Senior Lecturer post you will have:
- A PhD or equivalent in nursing knowledge relating to nurse education in order to teach and support learning on nursing-related modules.
- A strong record in attracting funding for research, or demonstrate potential to attract such funding
- An active approach to inter-disciplinary and multi-disciplinary research
- Enthusiasm for delivering high quality undergraduate programmes
- Strong connections and funded projects with business and community partners
- Involvement in projects which develop impact
- A strong potential for research leadership
- A track record in refereed publications and success in significant grant capture
- Relationships with external organisations and funders/ and knowledge and experience of key sectors or business challenges
Please ensure you read the Job Description and Person Specification for full details of this role at each level by clicking on the attachment
To apply, click on the below link