Location: St John’s Campus
Salary: £37,100 to £54,395
Post Type: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Advertised On: Monday 04 September 2023
Closing Date: Sunday 15 October 2023
The University of Worcester seeks to appoint an experienced, enthusiastic, and highly motivated UK HCPC-registered Occupational Therapist to join the Department of Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, and Nutritional Therapy. The successful candidate will be committed to developing the profession and inspiring the education of future occupational therapists. The successful applicant will contribute to teaching and learning and be committed to providing a high-quality experience for students.
- Be registered with the HCPC as an Occupational Therapist
- Hold a BSc and / or MSc in Occupational Therapy
- Have experience of supporting learners in a practice and/or university setting
- An interest in learning, and in developing knowledge
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be passionate about Occupational Therapy and being an Occupational Therapist
The University of Worcester is a high achieving, award-winning, dynamic institution with a notably inclusive, civic ethos. It is one of the Country’s top universities for gender equality, with multiple accolades for teaching quality, inclusion, contribution to the community, and environmental sustainability.
We are a leading provider of health education, from Nursing and Midwifery to Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy. Our new Medical School is on target to open next year, and we are now expanding our portfolio further to educate the next generation of Occupational Therapists.
Short-listed candidates invited to interview will be asked to deliver a 15-minute teaching session, followed by 5 minutes questions. The topic will consider teaching ‘Leadership in Physiotherapy’, aimed at Level 7 (first year) students. The Chair of this group will provide feedback on the presentation to the subsequent interview panel.
A formal interview will follow the teaching session.
What’s in it for you?
- Annual incremental increase up to Lecturer (Teaching) £44,732, with the opportunity to progress to £45,585 and Senior Lecturer (Teaching) £54,395, with the opportunity to progress to £59,422
- 47 days of leave per year (inclusive of bank holidays and University closure days)
- Attractive Teachers Pension Scheme
- Access to a range of benefits such as our Staff Retail Benefits Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Tusker Car Leasing
- Wellbeing advice and support through our Employee Assistance Programme
- In-house training and development support
- A friendly, inclusive and supportive culture and work environment
- For this role full-time, part-time (0.4, 0.8 or 0.6) and job share will be considered.
If you are interested in joining us at this exciting time and would relish the challenge of educating the next generation of professionals, we welcome your application.
Informal queries in relation to this role are welcome and should be directed to Debbie Sabbato (PA to the Head of School of Allied Health and Community) via email at D.Sabbato@worc.ac.uk