We are seeking brilliant, friendly, ambitious and inspirational paramedics to join our Paramedic Science lecturing team. Successful candidates would join an established teaching team based at our Centre of Excellence in Healthcare Education in Stafford.
The role would include such activities as:
- Preparing and delivering teaching and learning activity on various aspects of our paramedic sciences courses.
- Delivery of clinical skills, theory teaching, personal tutoring, and assessment.
- Enhancement of the student experience and facilitating ongoing course evaluation and development.
- Engaging with and developing innovative and effective teaching methods to enhance student engagement and achievement.
- Contributing to student recruitment and ongoing promotion of the course.
- The successful applicant will have extensive experience and knowledge of working as a registered paramedic and will be very familiar with the requirements of the paramedic role. Effective teamwork and excellent communication skills are essential. Formal teaching experience in higher education is preferred but is not essential for the Lecturer (Grade 7) post.
The School of Health & Social Care’s ambition is to ensure that we develop the safest practitioners in the sector. To this end patient safety and simulation-based education is a key strand of our work and we would particularly welcome applicants with a passion for patient safety and simulation.
Applicants must hold a relevant professional qualification and undergraduate degree and registration with the Health Care Professions Council as a registered paramedic is essential.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community – a place where all can be ourselves and succeed on merit.