A bit about the School of Health & Society…
Our School of Health & Society is one of the largest providers of nursing, midwifery, allied health professional, Social Work and Counselling and Psychotherapy education programmes in the UK, known for our track record of collaborating with a wide range of industry partners across health and social care to produce highly skilled graduates with real work experience. We are at an interesting time in the Higher Education sector, there is significant change in terms of oversight, student expectations and changing demographics and we are trying to do things differently so that we stay ahead of these changes. Our connection to industry is stronger than ever and we’re proud to have more partnerships with SMEs than any other Greater Manchester University.
Counselling and Psychotherapy (C&P) at Salford delivers programmes at under- and post-graduate levels, and we are proud to be introducing a new Integrated Masters in C&P in the coming year. The C&P staff are innovative, research active and highly enterprising, with excellent partnerships in the community.
So what will the role involve?
- Contribute to teaching, research and leadership at undergraduate and postgraduate programmes
- Contribute across the spectrum of academic work in the school through learning, teaching, research and enterprise
- Take a lead in your own area of expertise and develop new ideas to meet the needs of the modern world
- Contribute to our thinking and be challenging on how Salford can transform the way it addresses equality disparities, embraces diversity and becomes more inclusive
- Foster the development of an inclusive community, using teaching approaches which encourage inclusivity, working in partnership with students to improve their sense of belonging, diversifying the curriculum and using inclusive approaches to assessment to close the award gap
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary – and excellent pension scheme.
- Generous annual leave- plus the ability to buy holiday days
- Flexible, agile and hybrid working- we support a culture of both flexible and agile working to help manage the demands of work with personal life subject to business requirements
- Professional development- a comprehensive package of personal development opportunities to help you achieve your full potential
- Wellbeing support- dedicated services and facilities to support your mental and physical health, ranging from an Employee Assistance Programme and counselling to sports and fitness facilities, including discounted gym memberships.
- Greater Manchester – Live and work in one of the most vibrant regions in the UK, a hot spot of digital innovation, excellent schools and colleagues, and with affordable city, suburban and rural living options to suit a wide range of lifestyle choices.