The Independent Assessor (IA) role assesses the Apprentice(s) competence against an industry specific standard, as part of the End Point Assessment activities carried out by apprentices on the Degree Apprenticeship. The role provides independence and impartiality for the Apprenticeship Standard and requires use of assessment experience with robust industry knowledge to form judgements and grading decisions. The IA will carry out the EPA as set out in the Assessment Plan.
The successful candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Is occupationally competent in Operating Department Practice and academically competent in degree level assessment.
- Hold current registration with the Health and Care Professions Council as an ODP or current registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council as a Registered Nurse; both of whom have had 2 years’ experience working in the Perioperative environment in the preceding two years.
- Hold a recognised teaching and assessment of practice qualification.
- Have a thorough understanding of Higher and Degree Apprenticeships.
- Hold detailed subject knowledge in the relevant Apprenticeship Standard, including knowledge and understanding of UK sector agreed reference points for the maintenance of academic standards and assurance and enhancement of quality.
- Have competence and experience relating to designing and operating a variety of assessment tasks appropriate to the subject and operating assessment procedures and/or have been trained in assessment practice.
- Sufficient standing, credibility and breadth of experience within the discipline to be able to command the respect of academic and, where appropriate, professional peers.
- Be familiar with the EPA performance expected of apprentices to achieve the award being assessed.
- Meet applicable criteria set by PSRB, where applicable. If possible, have membership of a professional institute or association appropriate to the level and subject area of the qualification.
- Have awareness of current developments in the design and delivery of relevant assessments.
- Have sufficient knowledge to undertake EPA activities with integrity and impartiality to offer a fair, reliable and consistent assessment experience for all apprentices.
Salary: £45.51 per hour
Further information is available here: