A bit about the School of Health & Society…
Our School of Health & Society is one of the largest providers of nursing, midwifery and allied health professional education programmes in the UK, known for our track record of collaborating with a wide range of industry partners across health and social care to produce highly skilled graduates with real work experience. We are at an interesting time in the Higher Education sector, there is significant change in terms of oversight, student expectations and changing demographics and we are trying to do things differently so that we stay ahead of these changes. Our connection to industry is stronger than ever and we’re proud to have more partnerships with SMEs than any other Greater Manchester University. It’s everything we do and the way we do everything.
The School of Health and Society is looking to appoint an exceptional candidate to the role of Head of Children and Young People’s Nursing.
We are seeking an established nurse academic who will lead the continued development of Children and Young People’s Nursing within the Directorate of Nursing and Midwifery, the School and the University. The successful candidate will have a commitment to collaborative working, staff development and have an engaging leadership style. As a Head of Children and Young People’s Nursing you will play a pivotal role in developing high quality learning, teaching, research, innovation and entrepreneurial activities related to your field of nursing, working with relevant stakeholders locally, nationally and globally. The post-holder will also provide key academic leadership across the Directorate, working with established Heads of Nursing and Midwifery.
If you have the drive, commitment and passion to take Children and Young People’s Nursing forward, we want you to join our team and work with us.
In recognition of our commitment to create a diverse team that draws from our widest talent pool we would particularly encourage applications from groups who are currently under represented at this level which in this case is our Black, Asian & Minority Ethnic (BAME) applications.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary – and excellent pension scheme.
- Generous annual leave- plus the ability to buy holiday days
- Flexible, agile and hybrid working- we support a culture of both flexible and agile working to help manage the demands of work with personal life subject to business requirements
- Professional development- a comprehensive package of personal development opportunities to help you achieve your full potential
- Wellbeing support- dedicated services and facilities to support your mental and physical health, ranging from an Employee Assistance Programme and counselling to sports and fitness facilities, including discounted gym memberships.
Greater Manchester – Live and work in one of the most vibrant regions in the UK, a hot spot of digital innovation, excellent schools and colleagues, and with affordable city, suburban and rural living options to suit a wide range of lifestyle choices.