The Department of Nursing, Midwifery and Health, at Northumbria University are looking to appoint an External Examiner for the Registered Nurse Degree Apprenticeship (RNDA) Programme. It is a new programme that is being delivered in 18 months following accreditation of the students’ prior and experiential learning (APEL). Experience of working with employers and developing and delivering apprenticeship provision is preferable.
The appointed external examiner will have responsibility for an identified number of shared cross field modules at level 5 and level 6 within this programme. There will be an open cohort each year, and we have fixed term agreement for 8 closed cohorts (starting every 3 months).
NS0527 Practice Module 2: Developing shared decision-making.
NS0529 Nursing Skills 4: Enhancing clinical skills for complex care.
NS0625 Nursing Skills 5: Leading and improving safety and care quality.
NS0626 Nursing Skills 6: Advancing nursing skills.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant academic and/or professional qualifications including current NMC registration.
- Relevant expertise and experience to be able to undertake a role in the assurance of academic standards in Higher Education.
- Sufficient standing, credibility and breadth of experience within the subject to be able to command the respect of academic peers.
- Familiarity with the standard expected of students to achieve the award that is to be examined.
- It is preferable to have previous experience of external examining although support and guidance will be provided for those new to this role.
The appointment will be effective with immediate effect upon appointment, for a four-year term.
A formal expression of interest letter and accompanying detailed CV should be sent to Julie Derbyshire, Programme Lead.