Ranked in the top 20 in the UK for Nursing and Midwifery in the 2021 Guardian University League Table, Keele University’s School of Nursing and Midwifery are seeking to appoint an External Examiner for the pre-registration BSc (Hons) programme, with effect from September 2021, for a period of 4 years. Although the vacancy is to predominantly support the mental health field team, along with other external examiners, it will involve review of work across all four fields of nursing.
External examiners are a key element in setting, maintaining, and assuring academic quality standards at Keele. The role includes:
- Approval of assessment tasks.
- Reviewing samples of students work, both written and practical assessments.
- Engagement with practice-based assessment documents and visits to clinical areas.
- Review of assessment processes and programme modifications.
- Sharing expert knowledge in content delivery and assessment.
- Attendance at relevant examination boards (usually once a year).
- Submission of annual reports.
Please see the course page for more details about the programme https://www.keele.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/undergraduatecourses/mentalhealthnursing/
- Working in a UK HEI with no formal educational links with Keele University in the last 5 years.
- Current registration with the NMC (Mental Health field), including a recordable teaching qualification.
- Master’s degree or above in a related subject area.
- Direct experience of teaching and assessing in the applicable subject area.
Previous experience as an external examiner is desirable, but not essential.
Applicants should send an expression of interest, by CV to: Sarah Roberts email@example.com by the 11th June 2021