The School of Allied Health and Community at the University of Worcester is seeking an experienced External Examiner for our BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy course.
Please see the following link for the full BSc (Hons) Programme Specification.
External Examiners play a central role in the maintenance of the standards of the University’s awards and the currency of the curriculum. They perform this role through:
- the approval of assessment tasks and examination papers
- discussions with relevant academic staff
- the review of samples of student work on modules within the programmes
- the endorsement of marks to confirm that the marks are an agreed, fully moderated and externally examined set of results
- the submission of annual reports
- attendance at appropriate boards of examiners (June)
- agreement to programme modifications
Ideal applicants should possess the following:
- Current registration with Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and be members of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP)
- Relevant experience to maintain comparable quality standards
The appointee will normally serve for a period of four years beginning September 2021. Successful applicants will also be invited to the university’s External Examiner induction day, which will be held in January 2022.
Applications for the post should be made by a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and appropriate covering letter and sent to Sam Targett, Course Lead for BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy at: email@example.com