Newman University Birmingham is seeking an external examiner for the pre-registration BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy. Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced academic staff. Applicants should have a good understanding of UK Higher Education sector, quality, standards and quality assurance. Registration as a Physiotherapist with the Health and Care Professions Council, with relevant subject knowledge and experience is essential.
Newman University Birmingham offers support for external examiners, including training, online resources and guidance and further support provided by the Head of Subject for Allied Health as well as the Head of Subject for Practice and Simulation. Applicants are advised that the School of Nursing & Allied Health at Newman University Birmingham applies the following criteria to external examiners:
- The area of expertise of external examiners is within the area of examinations undertaken;
- Applicants should have recently been employed (or are still employed) within a university appointment with experience of internal examining;
- He/she/they must not have been a Newman University Birmingham examiner within the last five years;
- He/she/they will have a Physiotherapy qualification and be registered with the Health and Care Professions Council;
- Previous external examining experience would be welcomed but is not essential.
The appointment will be effective from 1st September 2023 and will continue for 4 years. The role requires providing advice and recommendations to module teams about teaching and learning content and assessment design. External moderation of assessments, attendance at assessment review boards as well as scrutiny of Recognition of Prior Learning, annual visits to practice learning environments and completion of an Annual External Examiners Report.
All appointments are subject to a panel review of perspective nominations. Applications are by submission of CV. If you are interested in applying for this role (or to request further information), please send a recent CV to the Head of School (Associate Dean) Nursing & Allied Health Ronnie Meechan email@example.com by 30th September 2023