The School of Sport and Exercise and Rehabilitation at the University of Birmingham is seeking to appoint an external examiner to their MSc Physiotherapy (pre-registration programme) for the new academic session 2021/2022. We welcome interest from academic staff to support the work of the course team in delivering high quality student experience across learning and teaching.
The post holder will be required to:-
- Advise the programme on the content and standard of assessment
- Review and approve coursework assignments
- Complete external examination and moderation of non-clinical and clinical assessments
- Quality assure the standards of student performance
- Confirm the examination / assessment process is fair and just
- Attend the Board of Examiners and provide an annual report to the University of Birmingham
Applications are welcomed from all suitably qualified personnel with relevant educational and professional experience – this would include membership with the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP) and registration with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) UK.
The appointee will normally serve for a period of four years beginning September 2021 examining both years of this two-year full time programme.