Competitive salary of £200 annual flat fee, plus £20 for each full time student completer
The School of Health Sciences, within the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences at the University of Nottingham, is seeking to appoint an External Examiner for our MSc Midwifery Studies, Maternal and Newborn Health and associated Midwifery postgraduate programmes.
1. Details about the programme:
Further details about the programme/awards can be found on our website at: https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/pgstudy/course/taught/midwifery-studies-maternal-and-newborn-health-msc
2. External examiner requirements and regulations:
a) External examiner responsibilities include:
- External moderation of assessments, completion of an annual monitoring report and attendance at Examination boards (at least one per year).
- The School uses an electronic marking system. External examiners are required to make use of the system during the external moderation process.
- Please also see sections, Main responsibilities of external examiners and Restrictions on appointment within the University’s External Examiners Overview at:
- Applicants should the hold appropriate academic qualifications, including, a teaching a qualification (minimum of PGCHE or equivalent) and a Masters or higher level qualification in the relevant area. Please be aware that the NMC requires external examiners for Nursing and Midwifery programmes to possess current registration on the appropriate part of the NMC Register. All appointments are subject to the candidate meeting the University’s criteria for appointment.
- The appointment will commence with immediate effect and will be for a period of four years.
3. How to apply:
Interested individuals should send their expressions of interest together with a full Curriculum vitae including your NMC Pin, name as it appears on the NMC register, details of your research, publications, teaching and external examining, along with any other relevant information to: email@example.com
4. For queries about the role contact:
Chrissie Bousfield, Director of Postgraduate Taught Education & Continuing Professional Development.
Dr Sara Borrelli, Lead for MSc Midwifery Studies, Maternal and Newborn Health