The College of Human and Health Sciences is seeking an external examiner for the MSc Long Term & Chronic Conditions Management programme.
The external examiner is asked to look at a sample of the assessments and report on:
- the administration of the programme
- the standards and consistency of internal marking
- the standards of student performance
- the extent to which the regulations and processes of the University are correctly applied and adhered to
- whether the academic standards of the programme are appropriate
- examples of good practice identified
The successful applicant will be asked to attend one examination board per year and submit an annual report following this. External examiners are also required to provide comments on proposed modifications and the development of new modules within their area of expertise.
Previous external examiner experience is desirable; however, those new to external examining are strongly encouraged to apply.
Essential Criteria: Experience of delivering relevant Master postgraduate taught programmes at HEI level 7
Desirable Criteria: Previous experience as an external examiner
Date of appointment: September 2020 – September 2024